To learn more about this amazing workshop and purchase your tickets, please follow the link below
(All text/pictures below quoted from The Bloom Workshop Website)
Our Venue | The historic and quaint Old Art Building in Leland, Michigan just 20 minutes from Traverse City and steps away from Leland "fishtown" in the heart of Northern Michigan wine country.
111 S. Main Street, PO Box 883 Leland, MI 49654
Details & Schedule | A glimpse at La Petite Bloom: Featuring Bloom Floral Design + Sable & Gray Calligraphy
La Petite Bloom is a half day, miniature workshop that allows attendees to try their hand at specific skills and stretch their creativity. This workshop will feature a floral arranging session led by Jennifer of Bloom Floral Design and a calligraphy session led by Kristin of Sable and Gray. While no skill is required to attend, our teachers will offer extra tips and advice for seasoned attendees looking to tweak their craft as well. The flower bar where guests get to choose their blooms for the arrangement has been one of The Bloom Workshops most highly anticipated sessions and we are excited to be offering it at this event. This workshop is a great day for networking with others in your creative field, inspiration and simply having fun! We welcome all levels of skills.
12pm - 5pm
Welcome, Snacks + Networking Time
Session 1: Calligraphy with Kristin Hussey of Sable and Gray
Session 2: Floral Arranging with Bloom Floral Design's Jennifer Haf
Session 3: Photo + Styling Tips with Ashley Slater Photography & Michaela Noelle Designs
Ticket Inclusions | Here is an outline of what is included in your ticket to La Petite Bloom: Featuring Bloom Floral Design + Sable & Gray Calligraphy
- Guests will walk away with the basic knowledge of how to design and execute a petite table arrangement. Information on how to create a flower recipe, how to build your arrangement in a proper vessel, and expert tips will be shared. Each guest will have time to choose blooms from a gorgeous flower bar, dripping with blooms. Ample time to build your arrangement with hands-on instruction will be available for every attendee.
- Each attendee will receive a calligraphy kit to use for the hand lettering session which will be theirs to take home. Calligraphy kits include watercolor brushes, paper, instructional materials and paints.
- Ashley Slater Photography + Michaela Noelle Designs lead a session on photo and styling tips. Attendees will have the opportunity to utilize what they learned in this session by styling and photographing their new calligraphy and floral artwork with hands-on help. Editing apps, best light, principles of design and more will be shared!
- Headshots by Ashley Slater Photography will be provided for each attendee.
- Light snacks and drinks.
- Networking and access to The Bloom Workshop Network after the workshop ends.
- Future discounts on all workshops and products as a Bloom Alum!
KRISTIN HUSSEY, SABLE AND GRAY (that's me!)
Sable & Gray is a stationery and paper goods company located in Traverse City, Michigan. They specialize in custom wedding invitations featuring hand-painted watercolors and hand-drawn designs. We find the inspiration for our designs in everything from the bride's bouquet to the architectural details of her ceremony location.
We are excited to have Kristin teaching a watercolor calligraphy session at this La Petite Bloom, complete with demos, floral sketches for you to paint in with watercolor, all your supplies, and ample time to practice illustration and lettering.
ASHLEY SLATER, ASHLEY SLATER PHOTOGRAPHY
Ashley has been a storyteller from a young age. When she discovered photography, she discovered how to tell stories in an incredibly stunning way and was hooked. Based in the midwest, Ashley is primarily a wedding and portrait photographer and loves shooting with her film camera as much as possible. When she is not photographing weddings or running the Bloom Workshop which she co-founded, you can find her at home with her husband and two small boys. She is a wine and food enthusiast and enjoys traveling, cooking, eating and exploring new cities.
Ashley will be giving photo tips and tricks, as well as teaching attendees how to take and edit the best possible photos on their phones. She will also be taking each guest's headshot!
JENNIFER HAF, BLOOM FLORAL DESIGN
Bloom believes that flowers are most beautiful in their natural state. When combined with other blooms in a customized palette, color and texture create a distinctive design that exudes the feeling you wish to create. BLOOM sources flowers from only the finest growers, sourcing as many flowers as possible locally and domestically including our own specialty cutting gardens. Hand selected from the most exceptional varieties, our blooms will be sure to please.
We are welcoming Jennifer back to teach the floral arranging class of our workshop, where guests will get to see a live demo, choose their blooms at our flower bar, then create their own petite arrangement.
MICHAELA BEEL, MICHAELA NOELLE DESIGNS
Michaela has always had a passion for interior design, as she grew up building floor plans out of jenga blocks, spanning the entire width of her bedroom.Her passion for design has always been a part of her life, so with a love for houses and design, Michaela graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in interior design from Seattle Pacific University and an AA degree in interior design from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. She has been authoring her design and lifestyle blog since 2010 and launched her own interior design business upon graduating, where she enjoys serving people and families by creating homes they love.
Michaela will be sharing styling tips and tricks to help guests improve their branding or refine their designer eye.